Washing instructions - Knitwear
To wash woolen clothes & accessories is often feared and to do a laundry by hand is low motivating, however it is easy to wash them in an appropriate and fast way.
- Choose a suitable detergent to avoid to damage the fiber. Either a special wool detergent or a mild shampoo for adults or babies.
- Do not add fabric softener or bleach.
- Add a low dose of laundry. Excess product may damage the fiber.
- Flip your garment over to wash it on the reverse side.
- Wash by hand in cold or warm water (no warmer than body temperature).
- Mix gently, without squeezing the material, for about 4 minutes.
- Let stand 5 mins.
- Rinse 3 or 4 times as needed, in water at the same temperature as washing (temperature changes can damage the fiber).
- Squeeze very gently, without ever twisting the garment. Wrap it in a cotton towel to finish spinning.
- Leave to air dry, flat on the towel.
- There is no need to iron your sweaters. The wool smoothes easily.
Some maintenance tips:
- Avoid as much as possible to keep your wool clothes (clean or dirty) in a ball, even more if they are wet. This tends to damage the fiber.
- To avoid any distortion, it is best to fold your woolen clothes rather than hang them on a hanger.
- It is quite normal that pills appear when you wear your sweater. It is possible to use an anti-pilling razor or a regular razor to eliminate them.
- To prevent moths from damaging your natural fiber clothing, it is advisable to clean your closet regularly or to use lavender bags. Lavender being a natural repellent.